Posted 22 March 2017
Oil Recruitment has been given the mandate to assist one of the UKs leading energy suppliers to hire a Biomass Fuel Trader. The successful candidate will focus on the optimisation of the biomass supply chain to ensure supply, minimise cost and realise value.
- Support the business to develop the near term biomass procurement strategy including development of Physical Fuel Trading.
- Contract negotiation of sales and purchase contracts and execution of trades to optimise near-term fuel requirements and storage capabilities.
- Develop, maintain and distribute market reports for coal and biomass, including analysis and view on market developments.
- Interrogation and development of analytical tools for position management, value assessment and reporting. Accountable for ensuring accuracy and driving alignment of reporting across coal and biomass.
- Ensure that deals are captured accurately and timely in all position monitoring and fuel delivery planning models following execution.
Skills and experience
- Degree level or equivalent preferred
- Proven experience in physical trading/procurement
- Experience of global physical commodity markets, procurement and logistics.
- Good contract awareness and proven understanding of sales and purchase supply contracts
- Knowledge of international shipping/seaborne trading
- Understanding of sustainability and traceability systems an advantage
- Strong negotiator with excellent commercial contract experience
- Ability to deal with a range of stakeholders.
Please send your CV through to Sam Forrest as soon as possible to be considered for this excellent role.