Chief Executive Officer
With offices in London and Geneva, our client is a Refining and Trading company engaged in the sourcing, marketing and trading of physical crude oil, petroleum products and related financial derivatives.
It owns and operates a European refinery, which produces 4.5 million tons of refined products each year including petrol, diesel and aviation fuel, light heating oil as well as important feedstocks for the chemical industry.
They are committed to further expanding its portfolio of oil refineries and developing a fully integrated global oil trading business
Our client has been growing steadily and is looking for a commercially focused, Chief Executive Officer to be based in London to manage the day to day running of its refining, trading and commercial activities and to identify opportunities to take the business to the next level of performance.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Reporting to the Chairman, the CEO will be based in London and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient day to day running of the business, including the following:
- Accountable for all commercial, operational and safety performance
- Creating, in partnership with the CFO, and subsequently delivering the annual business plan within budget and to agreed timescales
- Development of operational strategy and performance growth
- Leading and managing senior operational leaders including heads of Trading, Refining, Commercial, HR+ and Finance
- Managing customer, counter-party and financing relationships.
- Track record of delivering superior commercial performance and growth, gained in an international oil trading/refining environment
- Deep understanding of refinery management from both a commercial, technical and safety viewpoint
- Experience of managing physical trading/operations and risk management
- Strong financial and analytic skills
- M&A experience
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Ability to make quick decisions and operate in a fast changing entrepreneurial environment.
For more information please contact Anthony Baron via email or on 01565 626767.