Our client is aEuropean Energy Trading Utility and has a centre of excellence for quantitative analysis and structuring; working closely with Front Office negotiators, originators, portfolio managers and traders to deliver quantitative insights and solutions, our clientcreates value and develops their business by constantly adapting skills and their model framework to market changes and commercial needs.
Our client manages the production from offshore wind farms and oil and gas fields, trades at European energy exchanges and wholesale markets, delivers energy and green solutions to customers in Northern Europe and is active in the international LNG market
They are looking for:
- Structuring and quant experience for UK + Continent; primarily power
- Experience with tolling, ‘route to market’, retail, PPAs, balancing and WD, etc., products
- Experience with new market areas – demand side response and flexibility optimisation; batteries, etc. is an
- Curve building, MC methods, mathematical finance
- Strong stakeholder relationship building; cooperative; team oriented; independent; high integrity
Areas of responsibility
Your main responsibilities will be to take a lead in supporting the business with valuations, analysis, structuring support and risk assessment of ongoing business transactions.
Furthermore, your key duties will be to:
- Run and maintain valuation models for complex gas and power contracts
- Communicate results to stakeholders and actively engage in developing their business areas from a quantitative and structuring perspective
- Provide structuring and hedging advise to portfolio managers, negotiators and originators
- Perform ad hoc analyses of the contract portfolio
- Keep up to date on latest power and gas market changes
- Take part in the ongoing development of existing and new quantitative models
- Document valuation principles
You will have several years of experience from a similar position in the energy sector and have a Master or PhD degree in finance, economics, physics, mathematics or similar quantitative field, but with an interest in mathematical finance. Programming skills is an advantage.
- You have a deep knowledge of the European energy markets
- You have expertise in applying mathematical finance to complex structures in commodity markets
- You enjoy communicating complex quantitative matters in a simple way
- You are used to working closely with stakeholders
- You are a self-driven and passionate team player