Posted 22 March 2017
Oil Recruitment has been given the mandate to assist one of the UKs leading energy suppliers, to hire a Senior Biomass Portfolio Trader.
- Specifically, responsible for maintaining and optimising the spot position (i.e. within a rolling 18-month period)
- Optimise the position to add value and/or reduce cost for the business by concluding spot transactions or optimising term contracts as appropriate.
- Monitor and advise of any risks to the position as they may emerge with mitigation recommendations.
- Negotiate commercial settlements with suppliers for contractual non-performance or quality breach.
- Negotiate sales and purchase contracts and execute trades to optimise near-term (less than 1 year) fuel requirements and storage capabilities.
- Trading counterparty relationship management and regular reviews.
- Lead, motivate, train and develop staff to maintain an effective workplace, with appropriate cover for periods of absence, capable of meeting objectives and ensuring that positions are correctly maintained, administration and processes are monitored and reported accurately.
- Managing cross-functional interfaces – internally and externally to effectively develop viable, value adding initiatives and market development.
- Evaluate first stage due diligence criteria for suitability of new supply or offtake opportunities.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum: Degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable physical trading or trading experience
- Good numerical skills and the ability to use these when making commercial decisions
- The ability to execute and close contracts using proprietary contract evaluation models and publically available market analysis
- Strong negotiation skills
- IT literate.
Please send your CV through to Sam Forrest as soon as possible to be considered for this excellent role