Senior Shipping Operator – Refining & Trading business, London
Senior Shipping Operator required to join a growing Refining & Trading business in London.
• Plans, anticipates, prepares, and executes voyage instructions to spot and time-chartered tonnage.
• Nominates and or appoints ships Agents, coordinates and monitors cargo and shipping operations. Maintains close attention to operational risks that may increase demurrage exposure.
• Complies with shipping department ‘Check List’ to ensure company policy and procedures are adhered to. Coordinates and cooperates closely with all inter-company departments such as oil operations and treasury and, similarly with other third-party service providers such as ships Agents and shipbrokers.
• Understands the limitations and restrictions for marine infrastructure at the refineries.
• Checks freight and other shipping related invoices for accuracy and compliance with the Charter Party, ensures invoices are approved in accordance with company procedures and delegations of authority.
• Keeps Company system updated with the entries of accruals for the costs where invoices are expected in accordance with the Charter Party
• Prepares laytime statement for accruals purposes.
• Prepares and maintain basic Excel spreadsheets where required.
• Assists in the preparation of weekly management reports.
• Maintaining awareness of the business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
• Ensures all shipping deadlines and priority cut-off times are met.
• Other Project related tasks as requested by the Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
• Degree in Shipping/ Commerce/ Logistics Management or qualified by experience.
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Be able to identify problems and resolve them in a timely manner with the ability to prioritize urgent and important tasks from others.
• Pragmatic approach to dealing with disputes and conflict in charter parties.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Committed team player with ‘can do – will do’ attitude. Flexible approach.
• A clear and effective communicator.
• Be proficient with MS Office and operational systems/software
• Understanding oil fundamentals, products, grades, qualities, geopolitical and environmental influence on commodity markets.
• Promote an environment conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and effectiveness.
• Available out of office hours.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Peter Morgan