Chartering Manager – Refining & Trading business, London
Chartering Manager required to join a growing Refining & Trading business in London
- Chartering specialised tankers (<22k Deadweight) for the carriage of petroleum products, bio fuels, feedstock, easy chemicals in support of trading activity.
- Closely supports traders to achieve optimum freight opportunities for clean and dirty petroleum products, bio fuels, feedstock, easy chemicals, < 22kt Deadweight including inland barging if required, for entrepreneurial trades. Geographically, typically within Europe. Scandinavia, Mediterranean/Black Sea but occasionally requires Far East coverage.
- Develops and executes tanker chartering strategies for coverage of imports/exports of fuel oil/feed stock/clean and dirty petroleum products/easy chemicals for the company’s refineries.
- Negotiates and concludes spot/term and COA requirements in accordance with company policy and limits of authority.
- Collates, presents market intelligence to traders in a timely fashion..
- Committed and dedicated team player required willing to integrate into a closely integrated chartering team, which supports trading activity.
- Degree or equivalent or qualified by experience.
- Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers preferred but not essential.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience with ship owners, charterers or shipbrokers
- Good awareness of freight market in specialised sector.
- Commercial approach, accomplished freight negotiator.
- An ability to prioritize tasks and work on own initiative and or within a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills able to analysis market trends and historical data. Excel Proficient.
- Good working knowledge of ‘BEEPEEVOY3’.
- Committed team player with a positive ‘can do – will do’ attitude. Self-motivated.
- Social competence as well as ability to integrate within a small team.
- Must be flexible for out of office hour’s commitments.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Peter Morgan