Posted 25th January 2017
It has been a busy start to the New Year with new roles across Chartering, Trading Operations, Bunkering and Demurrage – hopefully a sign for the year ahead!
Peter, Sam and Anthony will all be at this year’s LTOP’s on Friday so please get in touch if you would like to meet them there.
Current live roles include:
Senior Charterer – Trading Company, London
We are currently looking for a Senior Tanker Charterer to join an established and growing trading business in London. This will be a multi-faceted role tasked with covering the chartering requirements for their physical crude trading activity but also developing more entrepreneurial freight trading business as well.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience tanker chartering (LR1 and above) with an oil major or oil trading company.
• Proven experience of Aframax / Suezmax / VLCC chartering is mandatory.
• Extensive hands-on experience of time-charter vessel management and vessel operations in all key regional oil markets.
• Previous exposure to, and understanding of, the FFA market.
• Demonstrable experience of shipping and contract law as well as pollution prevention and oil spill management procedures
Senior Oil Operator – Refining & Trading Business, London
This refining and trading business is looking for a Senior Oil Operator to join their newly established London office. This role will initially involve handling the oil scheduling associated with the product offtake from their European system but is also likely to evolve into a more international focused role as the company’s trading activity develops. Candidates should ideally have at least 7 years oil operations / scheduling experience and be comfortable working across the barrel.
Demurrage – Part time (3 days a week) – Supply & Trading Business, London
A fantastic opportunity exists for a Part time Demurrage Analyst to join a dynamic operations team, specialising in analysing, calculating and negotiating claims for marine demurrage.
Your Responsibilities and Accountabilities as a Demurrage Analyst will include:
- Cost effective handling of incoming and outgoing claims.
- Analysing and supporting operators to minimise and control demurrage exposure.
- Liaising closely with operators to validate and approve incoming demurrage calculations and invoices from ship owners and suppliers.
- Producing accurate reports outlining predicted and actual demurrage exposure to management and finance, providing commentary where necessary.
The ideal Demurrage Analyst will have the following skills and qualities:
- Willingness to work in a demanding environment.
- Hardworking and highly motivated.
- A good team player
- Reliable pro-active and well organised
- Proficient in problem solving with strong analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal, face to face and over the telephone.
- IT literate
- Good understanding of the oil industry, with proven ability in handling demurrage issues is a must
- Previous experience of demurrage &laytime in oil industry as well as maritime & trading law is required
If you have an interest in any of the above positions, please contact Peter Morgan.