Posted 4th May 2017
Tanker Charterer – Ship Owner, London
This well known and long-established Ship Owner is currently looking for an experienced Tanker Charterer to join their team in London. With a large and diverse fleet, they are open to considering candidates with both CPP and DPP/Crude backgrounds coming from either owning, trading or broking environments.
Candidates must have at least 3 years tanker chartering/broking experience.
- Strong interpersonal / team working skills
- Proactive self starter with commercial focus
- Chartering and Shipping Operations
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- At least 3 years’ experience in direct commercial and chartering related business activities in the Tanker trade
- Knowledgeable on different types of cargoes, their shipping patterns (origin/destination) as well as good understanding on vessel specifications to facilitate effective matching of cargoes to tonnage
- Sound knowledge of shipping industry and tanker business, particularly the chartering business and operational environments.
- Strong knowledge in marketing and strategic planning.
- Oil trading / LNG / FFA background experience an advantage
Please contact Peter Morgan for more details.
Dry Bulk Chartering Manager – Trading Business, Geneva
Dry Bulk Chartering Manager /Freight Trader required for a global commodities trading business in Geneva.
- The position is part of a global freight team, segmented by vessel size with region specific responsibilities. Your focus will be on the Handysize/Supramax classes.
- Communicate with internal traders, research, FFA and market in form of vessel owners / charterers / brokers to predict ‘fair market’ forward freight rates for focused market region/flow.
- Independently negotiate freight rates and other Charter Party contractual terms with internal and external counterparts.
- Profitably executes sales book basis cheapest execution and arbitrages focused market/flow from both Owners and Charterers side.
- Provides information on grain and minor bulk flows from market and internal commodity traders as well as competitor and supplier activities to the regional size team and/or the global team as applicable. Communicating relevant market information back to commodity traders also.
- Maintains and seeks to further extend network of reliable freight providers to facilitate internal commodity CNF sales in all pricing climates.
- Maintains and seeks to build new relationships with external 3rd party charterers, with a view to access profitable cargo trading opportunities.
- Evaluates and monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and/or to determine the need for changes; consults directly with Legal/Arbitration/compliance etc support team on any unusual issues.
Key skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree. Alternatively other higher education certificate supplemented with 2-7 years relevant chartering/trading work experience.
- 2 years plus of experience in freight chartering/trading, other relevant experienced also considered
- Extensive experience performing advanced freight calculations.
- Extensive experience/familiarity negotiating timecharter and voyage charterparty terms
- Extensive experience arbitraging freight positions on spot and forward markets.
Please contact Sam Forrest for more details
Bunker Traders – London, Hamburg & Athens
Experienced Bunker Traders required in each of these three European locations. Candidates should ideally have at least 3 years Bunker Trading experience and have a demonstrable track record of working competitively in the international marine fuel market.
Please contact Peter Morgan for more details.
Tanker Operator (Chemical) – Ship Owner, Amsterdam
This Dutch based ship owner is currently looking for an experienced Operator to manage the operations for their fleet of chemical carriers.
The Ship Operator shall: Be fully aware of the specifications of the vessels under his operation Check for any particular business the suitability of cargoes for carriage and any physical constraints or financial effects Provisionally plan the stowage of booked or planned cargoes in compliance with all relevant regulations, vessel limitations and customer requirements. Continuously be aware of the economic conditions under which the transportation of cargo can be performed for the customer, assuring the highest possible profitability of the concluded business. Ensuring full compliance with agreed Charter party terms and conditions. Instruct the Master and Port Agents with regards to voyage orders and other relevant information. Ensure that the Shipping System is maintained correct, current and complete. Calculate, invoice and collect freight and dead freight including any other expenses recoverable under the valid COA or Spot fixture
Experience as a Ship Operator in the chemical tanker trade or sea going experience on chemical tankers. Fluent in written and spoken English. Excellent computer skills. Good communication skills, flexible and a good team player. Strong work discipline, motivation and initiative Sea going experience on tankers is considered a big plus.
Please contact Sam Forrest for more details.