Our client is looking to acquire a Global Key Account Manager (GKAM), based in Geneva, who will report into the Head of Sales Geneva Branch, based in Geneva.
This individual will maintain and expand long-term relationships with large customers of strategic importance within a defined Global Business Line. They will be responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic key account objectives, through the interaction with a ‘virtual’ global sales team.
As part of the International Sales Team, the candidate will also be responsible for managing a portfolio of smaller -but strategic- existing accounts and develop business with new prospects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Own and manage the relationship:
- Coordinates the involvement of all stakeholders including company personnel, support, service, and management resources, to meet account performance objectives and clients’ expectations
- Maintain database / visual map of the relationships with clients
- Develops trusted advisor status with key customer stakeholders
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that the customer satisfaction expectations are met
- Ensure client receives necessary timely information.
Plan the account and deliver sales targets:
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period
- Monitor sales performance and account health, including accounts receivables
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Manage tenders, contract renewals and contract performance
- Identify marketing needs.
Facilitate performance dialogues:
- Chair monthly key account meetings with head of sales
- Holds physical or online Key Account Manager team meetings at least twice per year
- Support quarterly cross-business line meetings for the account.
Create fact-based insight:
- Continuously refresh fact-based operational and financial performance of the key accounts, conduct benchmarking and identify trends, outliers and market intelligence.
Own the client safety agenda (when requested by client)
- Ensure monthly collation, aggregation and reporting of all HSE incidents
- Ensure quarterly analysis of trends, lessons learned are developed and communicated.
Qualifications and Experience
- University undergraduate degree.
Minimum Experience / Skills Required:
- Demonstrable industry experience preferably within an energy background in a multi-national environment
- Demonstrable KAM experience including senior customer relationships
- Experienced People leader
- Advanced sales skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Multi-cultural sensitivity
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Organised and analytical, commercial savvy, strong negotiation skill, contractual awareness
- Fluent English / French, Russian is a plus
- Ability to work under strict time constraints and pressure
- Comfortable to work multi-tasks environment
- Interest for technically-oriented business world
- Comfortable with IT tools (CRM, PPT, Excel etc).
If this criteria matches your skills and experience please contact Peter Morgan for further details on this role.