To be responsible for the efficient and effective day-to-day coordination of Oil and Petrochemical Inspection and other related activities. To liaise and maintain excellent communications with clients, terminals, refineries, local agents and Inspection/laboratory personnel; and to be a technical focal point for the site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties to be carried out in accordance with the Divisional standing instructions, ISO 9001/14001/17025 and OHSAS 18001 accreditations, Client Guidelines, Health & Safety policies, including the Health & Safety at Work Act (including COSHH), and any other recognised standards as appropriate.
- To coordinate daily workloads and organise 24 hour cover for all activities performed in the local area
- To supervise, and perform if required, cargo Inspection of all types of Oil & Petrochemical commodities and ensure this is performed in accordance with the standards adopted by the Division e.g. HM 28, 29 & 30, API Chapter 17, ISO etc
- To ensure that all work in the area by all staff is performed within Inspectorate’s framework of Safety Requirements and Policies
- Exercise a high degree of confidentiality between the client(s) and the Company, always in accordance with the company’s ethics policy
- To ensure that a high level of communication is achieved between all parties and in particular between the Inspector and their supervisor, with ALL abnormalities being reported in a timely fashion
- To assist the UK Management Team to ensure adequate training of the workforce in line with personal development and business needs
- To ensure that the site is clean, secure and is a safe/efficient working environment for personnel
- To ensure all personnel within the area complete all Inspectorate policy documentation in accordance with Inspectorate policies and guidelines i.e. expense forms, Car forms, Working Time Directive time logs etc
- To exercise due care and attention to all company property such as vehicles, laboratory and inspection equipment etc
- To perform any other duties related to inspection activities as reasonably requested by the UK Management Team
- To ensure that all personnel in the area operate within the perimeters of the Divisional ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditations.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Role Requirements:
- Proven inspection capabilities and knowledge
- Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise
- Excellent IT skill in all Microsoft Office Applications
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly focused on customer needs
- Well organised
- Ambitious with a desire to succeed.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- IFIA Qualified
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a qualified surveyor
- Minimum 1 years’ experience as a coordinator or equivalent
- Good English and Maths abilities.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary (£35 - 40K)
- Company Car
- 23 days holiday
- Defined contribution pension.
For full details please contact Peter Morgan on +44 (0)1565 654830 or via email to Peter@oilrecruitment.co.uk