Posted 29 November 2017
We are working with a leading dry bulk shipping business in Oslo to help them to hire an educated candidate with minimum one year of experience to strengthen their Chartering team in Oslo.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute and follow-up deals on both tonnage and cargoes
- Contribute in identifying and developing new trades and customers
- Actively contribute with market view and close dialogue with research
- Improve and take responsibility for the result of deals done throughout the execution in close corporation with Operation desk.
Skills and competencies:
- Proactive, fast learner with commercial drive and mind-set
- Strong and willing team player able to work closely with colleagues and contribute to the success of the desk
- Analytical skills, able to see the bigger picture and connect that with activities in the daily work
- Ability and willingness to interact with clients to obtain their trust and confidence
- Take decisions and express own views clearly with due consideration and respect.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Preferably a Master’s degree within relevant subjects
- 1-5 years’ professional experience from shipping, preferably chartering experience
- Strong IT skills and good understanding of data flow and data analytics
- Fluent in English.
Please send your CV through to email@example.com to be considered for this excellent Chartering role.