Posted 11 December 2017
This established and growing refining and trading business in London is looking to hire a Supply Optimiser to ensure the commercial optimisation of their refinery production.
The Supply Optimisation team acts as the primary interface between the trading team and the refineries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily communication with the refineries to review the mass balance, provide market update and options
- Optimise the export grades along with the adjustment of the transfer price
- Ensuring the inter-book optimisation
- Work with the refineries’ commercial teams on the development of strategies: expanding the hinterland shorts; having storage to improve flexibility
- The follow up of refinery commercial activity.
- Have a good understanding on the refining processes for all products to be able to interact in an efficient way with the planning team in the refineries
- Have a good understanding of the functions of the planning teams and their processes
- Have a good knowledge of specific refinery configurations, baseline economics and production, tankage, storage facilities and jetty limitations
- Have a good understanding of the LP reporting.
- Have a good understanding of inland markets, typical pricing, competitors and logistics.
- Have a good understanding of the contract portfolio
- Understand economics decision making processes around inland vs export strategies.
- Understand how the products physical market works, in terms of regions, qualities/specs, trading windows, pricing and flows
- Understand basics of product paper markets and how various instruments can be used in trading and risk management.
Have basic understanding of the shipping marketplace
Understand how ships are chartered (timing, processes, key commercial terms, how demurrage works, legal risks)
Understand how to optimise the shipping process: time charter, factors affecting freight processes, interplay with cif/fob and inter-regional arbs.
- Must have a good understanding of the Oil Industry with experience in Operations and/or back-mid office functions
- French language skills are required.
For more information, please email your CV to Peter Morgan or call 01565 626 767.