Tanker Charterer - Supply & Trading Company, Geneva
This well known Geneva based Oil Supply & Trading business is looking to hire an additional Tanker Charterer to help with their increasing trading volumes.
- Support Chartering Manager in their daily work
- Work close to the Operations Team in order to ensure smooth shipping operations
- Send and receive cargo nominations
- Negotiate Charter Party terms and support Head of Chartering with contract preparation.
- Help to solve issues/queries regarding shipping operations
- Develop Chartering understanding, experience and competence
- Provide all relevant information on shipping market and keep aware traders of cargoes flow
- Ship Tracking & Analysis.
EXPERIENCE & KEY SKILLS
- Knowledgeable in chartering & operations
- Familiar with trading regulations
- Fluent in English
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Good IT Skills – Word, Excel and Databases etc.
- Market awareness
- Team player
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good understanding of ship operations and shipping industry
- Organised and capable of maintaining CRM systems
- Proactive and highly motivated approach.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good inter‐personal skills, able to liaise effectively across countries and functions
- Possessing personal integrity and trust‐worthiness
- Attention to detail in all areas of work, ensuring good quality documentation
- Good listening and communications skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree (or equivalent)
- 5 years’ chartering experience.
For more information on this role, please contact Peter Morgan on 01565 626 767 or on Peter@oilrecruitment.co.uk.