Opportunities in Physical Oil Operations
There is plenty of activity on the Shipping and Operations desk as we progress through the busy autumn period. Please see some of our current opportunities in physical oil operations below.
Operations Manager – Oil Trading Business, Geneva
A fantastic opportunity to join a renowned trader of oil and oil products in Geneva.
The business is currently looking for an experienced Operations Manager to be responsible for assuming the safe, reliable and accurate operations for their global oil trading activity.
Candidates should be degree educated and will have spent at least 6-10 years in a senior trading operations or operations management role.
Oil Operator (Crude + Products) – Integrated Oil Company, London
Currently seeking an experienced oil operator (crude + products) to join the marketing and trading arm of a well known international oil company in London.
Candidates will have ideally 5+ years oil operations experience in an oil or trading company setting.
LPG Operator (Spanish speaking) – Trading Business, London
This leading international trading business is looking for an experienced LPG Operator to support their growing LPG business. Candidates must be fluent in Spanish.
• Working with a team of vessel operators and coordinate day to day vessel operations in the West including assisting traders with forward cargo and vessel planning.
• Assist and Oversee cargo and shipping operations.
• Monitor and manage the day to day workload in the operations team.
• Liaising with the various counterparties like charterers, agents, brokers on all shipping matters and handles all ship documents.
• Provide accurate information and assist computation with the demurrage department.
• Monitor payments as well as providing documents for LC negotiations and work closely with finance.
• Ensure accurate inputting and maintaining of the shipping and cargo database in a timely manner, ensuring it is always up to date.
• Maintain efficiency and updated documentation in the system.
Qualifications and Experience (must have)
• Minimum requirements, A level / International Baccalaureate / Professional Certificate in Maritime Academy or Vessel Operations.
• Fully fluent oral and written skills in Spanish
• Minimum of at least 3-5 years of working experience in the related field of LPG operations is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent Verbal/ Written Communications Skills
• Knowledge of trade documents
• Proficient in MS office
• Proactive, Communicate well with the team players,
• Work independently with minimal supervision,
• Ability to handle multiple task simultaneously,
• Operations focus and a genuine interest in maritime industry.
For more information on these roles, please contact Peter Morgan