This role is within the Trade and Operations Department and will report to the Operations Manager. The key components of this role include order processing, organising deliveries, stock management and scheduling, customer account management, issuing invoices, and general administration relating to the oil trading and distribution business.
- To receive and process customers’ orders by phone and/ or email
- To liaise with the cleared haulier to determine delivery schedule in order to meet customer order requirements
- To liaise with terminal on storage/ throughput/ loading/ discharge
- To liaise with Independent Inspectors/ agents on storage/ loading/ discharge
- Update the stock database
- Set up and maintain customer account information and invoicing in database
- To follow up on marketing activities
- Sales support in the form of follow-up on customer events, marketing campaigns, market research) and the maintenance of lead lists
- To perform other duties, as and when required by the senior management team.
- Knowledge and understanding of the base oil market and oil industry in general
- Knowledge and experience of shipping, blending and freight forwarding is preferred
- Strong numerical economic background
- Strong analytical skills, interpersonal and team working skills
- Solid self-management and organisational skills
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, including excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong financial acumen, including planning and forecasting
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- The post is based in London with frequent travel within the UK.
For more information, please email your CV to Peter Morgan or call 01565 626 767