Job Reference Number:
Senior Structured Gas Trader
- Responsible for establishing and growing a strong market presence and counterparty base in the Spanish market with a primary focuses on:
- Establishing a sophisticated gas trading platform focussed on the Spanish market leveraging the many capabilities of client in terms of product offerings and expertise.
- Develop and implement an Iberian pipeline strategy to support and develop the clients Mediterranean LNG portfolio
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aid with the start-up of gas trading at the Spanish PVB
- Develop a solid counterparty base including existing and new names for known to the client for PVB trading in order to:
- Increase the clients access to market liquidity
- Provide a solid trading base for a wide range of gas products
- Work closely with the derivatives team to design products that can be offered to/purchased from the market to build upon the extensive capabilities already deployed successfully in other European gas markets
- Ensure the client has reviewed / is signed up to the terms and conditions of all key Spanish LNG re-gas terminals in order to potentially facilitate: ◦Deliveries of the clients LNG to the PVB / In tank trading of LNG
- Work closely with the gas & LNG trading desk to develop commercial products that will be attractive to the market and help to maximise the value of the clients commodity
- Provide highly skilled, clear and effective commercial expertise to contract drafting and review
- Ensure that all transactions adhere to the clients policies and meet our high internal standards. Including: legal, risk, credit, compliance and internal audit requirements
- Delivery of challenging financial targets and associated performance measures.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent commercial instinct, integrity, perseverance and creativity to deal with a range of customers in the core geographical region: Spanish market
- Strong commercial and analytical mind: able to shape deals to meet the needs of both internal (Trading desk and other internal stakeholders) and the customer.
- Excellent team player with willingness to collaborate and share expertise
- Skilled negotiator with the ability to adapt style to different conditions
- Tenacious and results oriented, takes initiative and drives for closure
- Clear-thinking and flexible approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - ability to present to internal/external stakeholders
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish is essential
- Experienced in the gas industry, with a proven ability in origination and a successful history of closing a wide variety of non-standard gas transactions
- Specific experience in the Spanish gas market with a strong network of contacts in that region
- Ideally a good understanding of the global LNG market and the key LNG players in Spain
- Able to bring a solid new client base and product expertise
- Proven performance of working within a complex and fast moving commercial environment
- Excellent understanding of the wider energy markets in Europe (e.g. system operations, regulation, products, competitive landscape: customers and counterparties)
- Expert understanding of all key commercial terms and conditions in commercial agreements including value drivers and split of risks.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk