Job Reference Number:
Lead Business Developer, Corporate PPAs - Offshore Wind
Our client is looking for a Lead Business Developer in its Corporate PPA team in the Offshore Wind Power department where you'll be responsible for the development of Corporate PPAs to support the development of the offshore wind farms across its global markets. You'll be required to provide idea and solution development, market development, customer prospect identification, and PPA deal structuring and negotiation. You'll have the opportunity to lead deals from inception through to conclusion in your markets of focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your key tasks will be to;
- Develop Corporate PPA solutions from our offshore wind farms across our global markets with a focus on Europe and the US
- Lead generate for prospect PPA clients and manage ongoing relationship with corporate buyers.
- Structure PPA solutions across several markets for offshore wind projects and manage the contract setup and structures associated with these solutions.
- Negotiate and close PPA deals with a range of corporate clients.
- Develop a strong internal and external network to promote the company as a leading PPA provider.
The role will require you to work across global markets meeting customer prospects, establishing connections with industry bodies, and working with a range of internal teams to develop innovative solutions that will play a significant role in the development of existing and future renewable generation.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Your competences include that you;
- Have solid experience from the renewable energy industry with a focus on corporate renewable purchasing/sourcing and/or asset revenue management.
- Have experience of contracting corporate power purchase agreements in the US or Europe (involved in closing agreements) – this can be from the developer or purchaser's side of the deal.
- Have sales and customer management experience and can demonstrate excellent commercial acumen and communication skills.
- Have a master's degree in a commercial or problem solving-based discipline (i.e. business, economics, engineering etc.) or can demonstrate a strong understanding and reasoning of commercial principles.
- Thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Moreover, you are a self-starter who has the drive and innovation to significantly contribute to the growth of the team.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, it invests significantly in innovation and empowers employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. It cultivates collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk