Job Reference Number:
Business Development Director
Responsible for the delivery of the Energy Solutions business plan via creation of quality senior level relationships with current and prospective customers and the translation of these relationships into energy solutions sales, contributing to the delivery of revenue and margin targets.
The post holder will build effective senior and multi-level relationships with key strategic customers and drive the development of the Energy Solutions business. The Business Development Director will leverage their relationship building skills, intimate knowledge of Company’s energy solutions propositions, and insight on customer needs to create compelling offers for customers. This will be reflected in a material bearing on the delivery of Commercial business plan.
The role requires liaison with the Retail Research and Innovation (R&I) team to ensure technical product knowledge is made available to support the business development process, and to ensure customer insight is provided to the R&I team to support further proposition and product development.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for establishing company as the leading energy services and de-centralised energy provider within the relevant industry sectors by managing the on-going relationship with customers throughout the life of the account.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The post holder will be responsible for progressing prospects and leads identified by the broader energy sales and Commercial department, through the development of deep, multi-level relationships with key customers, application of energy solutions product knowledge, and via collation and development of insight on customers.
- You will be responsible for creating and progressing identified energy solutions prospects through to successful acquisition via a process of active business development and needs based selling. Using your knowledge of energy solutions propositions and products you will bring together the best people and assets from across company (and where appropriate, company Retail Group) to assess and qualify customer needs, propose suitable products and progress the sale to completion.
- You will work with your peer group in Commercial (Product Development / Added Value Services) across the business to learn and share best practice, in particular with peers in the Retail Research and Innovation group.
The Business Development Director will be expected to define, shape, and close energy solutions sales of a material nature. As such this is a senior management level role which is instrumental in delivering Company’s 5 year business plan via successful leveraging of our ongoing investment in energy solutions. The post holder will be expected to take commercial ownership of the energy solutions contracts, from inception to completion.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Deliver revenue and margin targets in the energy solutions channel through effective sales as a result of relationship management and business development. Understand the contribution of energy solutions contracts to the economics of the business and maintain a clear path towards certainty of financial outcomes for each contract.
- Identify and prospect opportunities to deliver revenue and margin targets as defined in the Commercial business plan through on-going account management and/or new business opportunities.
- Provide monthly financial updates of the sales ‘pipeline’ detailing performance against agreed sector business plan targets.
- Manage appropriate relationships across clients (as per the Company Power Energy Solutions Sales Strategy).
- Request, interpret, share and respond appropriately to MI and be able to demonstrate progress resulting from Energy Solutions sales activities.
- Work closely with external partners where Company has limited or no capability in a specific area.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
Lead to sale conversion rates (energy solutions products / propositions).
- Improved sales (revenue and margin) through existing customer (leveraging existing customer relationships).
- Driven increased revenue and margin through energy solutions sales as a result of relationship management.
- Built and maintained Director level relationships with Key Accounts.
- Customer engagement and satisfaction levels meet required levels.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk