Job Reference Number:
The role involves
- Developing price views and tactics to add value/manage risk. Execution of agreed tactics with appropriate trading discipline.
- Ensuring optimal trading decisions are taken: cross-commodity, across the trading window (medium term to BM), across Group.
- Managing counterparty, broker & exchange relationships.
- Managing the retail power requirement and operational relationship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The individual is responsible for
- ’s commodity positions (UK Power, EUAs) as agreed with the Senior Trader.
- Working closely with the wider Trading team to
- Developing price views and tactics to add value/manage risk and executing agreed tactics with appropriate trading discipline.
- Support commercial activities across Company and the Group. Optimise overall commodity positions and station running.
- Ensuring all prompt and forward trading activities are compliant.
- Providing cover and support to Senior Trader when necessary.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
£(X) value add in trading
- Articulates opportunities to do value added trading (might not be executed because of cash and/or risk objectives)
- Works well with shift traders and senior traders to optimise trading tactics
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk