Job Reference Number:
The Trading Analyst is primarily responsible for;
- Fundamental analysis, with key focus on supporting power and gas trading decisions.
- Supporting the Lead Trading Analyst in the development and maintenance of trading decision and valuation tools.
- Competitor Analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Trading Analyst is directly responsible for:
- Providing robust forward-looking fundamental analysis, with a particular emphasis on power and gas.
- Actively engaging in the discussion of trading strategies, providing challenging views to help drive trading tactics.
- Developing and maintaining fundamental models to support trading decisions.
- Reviewing and learning from the performance of past analysis.
- Owning company’s pricing tools and trading-decision models.
- Includes generation marginal cost models, option pricing, back-testing, simulation models etc.
- Collaborate actively with IT and relevant support functions to ensure the integrity of such models and databases.
- Providing market and competitor intelligence
- Provide ad-hoc market information upon request from key stakeholders
- Identify areas for potential added value
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The individual is required to have:
- Preferable to have prior experience in an analytical/market facing role within the wholesale power industry.
- Educated to at least undergraduate level in a highly numerate subject (science, maths, economics, engineering).
- Knowledge of the UK and continental power and gas markets.
- Broad understanding of the dynamics of power generation units.
- Solid understanding of statistical and fundamental modelling and IT technologies (SQL, VBA, Excel).
- Understanding of large data structures and a problem solving mentality
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Be results orientated and able to perform to tight deadlines.
- Curious, broad thinker.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk