Job Reference Number:
Product Development Manager
Our client is a specialist business electricity supplier providing its range of Industrial and Commercial customers with dedicated electricity contracts that are simple, flexible and designed to meet individual customer requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To manage and lead on the product development lifecycle from conception to implementation.
- Chair the Product Development Board responsible for all new products brought to market.
- Responsible for assessing the viability of new products – supporting with market appetite analysis and managing peers to deliver to strict project deadlines.
- Manage a team of Product Development Analysts specifically responsible for the delivery of Smart Metering products and propositions.
Responsible for the management of the full delivery lifecycle of products in line with departmental standards
- Ensure new products are developed and delivered on time and meet agreed SLAs and KPIs
- Designing, agreeing and implementing processes for introducing new products
- Work closely with seniors managers from Sales, Marketing, Customer Services and IT to ensure products are viable
- Monitor performance of new product lines
- Ensuring customers (both internal and external) are aware of – and understand – the offerings and are fully informed of any changes to the company’s product range
- Management of all development risks and issues including identification of escalation points
- Build and maintain strong and professional relationships with third party suppliers
- For accepted products produce technical requirements to enable to relevant teams to implement them
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of Energy Retail sector
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area
- Project Management institute (PMI) certification preferred
Measures of Success
Successful launch of new products and initiatives
- Enhanced margins/customer numbers resulting from new products
- Supporting other teams and areas of the business resulting in positive feedback
- Adherence to product development timescales
- Findings used as a steer for business decisions
For more information, please contact Richard Tregarthen on Richard@oilrecruitment.co.uk or 01565 626767
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk