Job Reference Number:
Product Development Analyst
Our client is a specialist business electricity supplier providing its range of Industrial and Commercial customers with dedicated electricity contracts that are simple, flexible and designed to meet individual customer requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To assist in the development of energy-based products from conception to full implementation.
- To ensure that all products are commercially viable, drive margin growth and align with the business’ other key objectives.
- Proactively generate new ideas, products and initiatives.
- Work with key stakeholders and the Product Development Manager to identify and deliver solutions.
Identifying trends/gaps in the market for new product development and identifying improvements for existing offerings
- Designing, agreeing and implementing processes for introducing new products
- Meeting agreed deadlines for the delivery of product development programs
- Monitor performance of new product lines and using learning for future development
- Ensuring customers are aware of – and understand – the offerings and are fully informed of any changes to the company’s product range
- Analysing impact to customers of product changes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience of designing and implementing new products within an organisation – ideally in the energy industry
- Ability to plan and complete projects from beginning to end
- Previous experience working independently and on complex projects
- Knowledge of the retail/wholesale electricity market
- Capable of balancing priorities in a fast paced working environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience of working with different teams and colleagues of varying levels of seniority/experience
- Strong organisational skills and time management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good presentational skills
- Strong team player who is able to build rapport and influence internal partners to get things done under tight time pressures
Degree level education
- Experience in the energy industry from a supplier side
- Knowledge of Smart Metering
- Competitor analysis experience
- Knowledge of electricity costs and product types
- Excellent analytical visualisation skills and evidence of presenting complex analytics
Office Based, minimal travel, occasional off-site courses and meetings.
Measures of success:
- Successful launch of new products and initiatives to agreed timelines
- Enhanced margins/customer numbers resulting from new products
- Supporting other teams and areas of the business resulting in positive feedback
- Delivery of analysis that identifies business needs.
For more information please contact Richard Tregarthen on Richard@oilrecruitment.co.uk or 01565 626767
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk