Job Reference Number:
Senior Gas Trader (Flow)
The Gas, Power and Derivatives strategic business unit supports the client and third-parties providing traded market expertise for natural gas, electricity and other commodities and related financial instruments mainly in Europe. The business offers its customers a good range of services to enable them to access markets, secure cash-flows for their assets and manage their commodity price risks.
To support the ongoing expansion of curve trading activity in European gas markets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Market making for internal and external customers, across European gas markets.
- Manage the gas desk index exposure for front month and beyond.
- Work with the LNG desk to manage their hedging activity in European gas markets.
- Generate prop PnL within agreed risk limits.
- Ensure that trading activity complies with risk governance policies and procedures.
- Review and sign off daily positions and P&L trading reports.
- Provide input for continuous development of trading applications and infrastructure.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Excellent understanding of European energy industry fundamentals.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of trading system software (exposure to new systems implementation an advantage).
- Good presentational skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business acumen coupled with entrepreneurial flair.
- Proactive in achieving results and achieving book and desk targets.
- Able to build solid working relationships.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and make decisions in a pressured environment.
- Diligent, responsible and reliable.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities.
- Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential.
Extensive trading experience on the European gas markets, with a focus on the curve, with a proven, demonstrable history of creating value.
- Experience of managing customer flow.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk