Job Reference Number:
Investment Manager, Principal Investments
Our Clients Supply & Trading’s Principal Investments ("PI") department seeks to leverage extensive energy commodity expertise through investments in assets and companies where the company trading capabilities and operational skills enable them to add value. PI sources small to mid-size investment opportunities across energy commodities including power, oil, gas, LNG, coal, freight, biomass and biofuels.
PI’s investment budget has recently been increased to €300m. PI currently has a portfolio of investments in Europe, the US and an investment in Australia and aims to expand its portfolio through origination of new transactions in new sectors. PI is seeking to recruit an Investment Manager with specific skills and experience in distressed securities investments and financial restructuring.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Origination and sourcing of new investment opportunities by cultivating and maintaining relationships with the Supply and Trading’s trading desks, private equity funds, investment banks, consultants, and other counterparties with the objective of building a deal pipeline.
- Evaluation of investment opportunities by conducting and leading valuation and due diligence efforts, including analysis and evaluation of financial models, market dynamics, management teams, and business plans. The Investment Manager would have access to analytical support, but should have a good understanding of, and ability to use valuation models.
- As all investments will seek to leverage the companies energy commodity expertise, as part of investment evaluation efforts the Investment Manager will be required to liaise and work in close collaboration with company colleagues worldwide that are active in trading commodities relevant for the transaction under consideration.
- Leading the presentation and preparation of investment proposals to support investment decisions by the Investment Committee and the company boards.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Structuring and negotiating investment transactions to maximise value for both the Principal Investments department and the company commodity trading desks.
- Leading and managing the activities of the teams of professionals involved in the execution of transactions, including accountants, lawyers, consultants and analysts.
- Management and monitoring of investment portfolio companies.
- Development and implementation of equity sales strategies.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk