Job Reference Number:
LNG Fundamental Analyst
The Fundamentals and Analytics team is split between the Singapore and London offices and works alongside the commercial trading teams, providing clear accurate and insightful market analysis to support trading and business development decisions. This role sits within the LNG analysis team and supports the LNG trading, portfolio and origination teams providing them with fundamental analysis to support commercial decision making.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain the necessary databases to facilitate market understanding and support the LNG commercial functions
- Help to develop and maintain robust and up to date supply and demand (short term and occasional longer term) forecasts for individual LNG importing countries and the global LNG market. Including forecasts of future LNG flows.
- Disseminate the conclusions to the local and international trading teams.
- Design and develop decision-supporting analysis, tools and models that support profitable trading as the LNG paper market develops
- Develop market call/ views, substantiated by highlighting relevant market, macro and regulatory observations, in support of the LNG commercial teams’ decisions
- Manage the regular production of company and country analysis reports
- Multi-commodity approach to analysis, collecting and analysing data of other commodities relevant to the LNG portfolio (e.g. Crude oil, Henry Hub, LNG chartering) and which may impact LNG demand (e.g LPG, products, coal) to monitor the linkages between the commodities and how changes can affect the wider gas market.
- Seek to continuously improve the contribution of LNG Analysis to LNG performance
- Collaborate with other analytical teams within front office to generate consistent cross commodity analytics and forecasts (and ensuring best practice is maintained)
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Extensive experience in LNG (and other linked commodity) market analysis
• Excellent understanding of commodity and macro markets
• Diligent, responsible and reliable
• Independent thinker; creative in finding alternative solutions
• To anticipate team needs and be proactive rather than reactive
• Must have highly-developed attention to detail
• Ability to perform fundamental market analysis
• Able to build collaboration within the team and across the business
• Highly effective communication and presentation skills
• Able to work in pressurised environment, meet tight deadlines and prioritise effectively
• Ability to apply the right level of approximation and estimation in order to deliver results within the required timeline
• Strong desire and ability to learn new skills
• Excellent computer skills (MS-Office, Bloomberg, Reuters)
• Understanding of statistics and modelling is highly regarded
• Experience of using SQL/Tableau to develop analysis is highly desirable
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
• Proven current experience in an LNG analytical capacity
• Previous analytical experience within other commodities would be an advantage.
• Able to demonstrate a successful track record of delivery in a similar role
• Understanding of LNG transactions would be helpful
• Degree educated in Economics, a numerical or financial subject
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk