Job Reference Number:
Engineering Compliance Manager
Fuel Sales Supply & Storage
OVERVIEWWe have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering & Compliance Manager with COMAH experience to join a specialist fuel blending and storage facility in the South East. Reporting directly into the Chief Operating Officer and working alongside the Head of Operations you will have full responsibility for all Engineering and Maintenance procedures, HSEQ compliance, budget, and contactor management. Typically you will have experience from an engineering or petrochemical environment and have worked in a similar engineering/maintenance capacity on a COMAH regulated site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of maintenance and engineering department performance, HSEQ, budget, asset integrity/reliability and compliance.
- Lead all Maintenance and Engineering projects and be Site Technical Authority for all related activities.
- Define, implement, and manage all maintenance and project delivery strategies for the site.
- Develop the Project Execution Plan to meet the business case requirements and lead the delivery of this.
- Management of all COMAH compliance.
- Create, develop and monitor management systems for all site HSEQ.
- Maintain all appropriate systems for HSEQ records, COSHH, DSE, risk assessments, etc.
- Advise the Exec and Management teams on Process Safety Management, Environmental, and risk issues.
- Key point of contact for all regulatory bodies.
- Ensure all site activities are controlled using COMAH compliant systems including HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA etc.
- Work closely with cross functional teams at all levels to deliver change and development.
- Ensure all necessary project, maintenance and engineering team roles are clearly defined and filled with suitably competent personnel.
- Set and monitor appropriate KPIs/KPMs for the team for HSE, schedule, cost and quality parameters.
- Management of Contractors.
Key Skills/ Attributes:
- Time served, preferably chartered Engineer with at least 5 years Management experience from a petrochemical or engineering environment.
- Proven expertise of COMAH regulations.
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience of managing HSEQ compliance and engineering projects/maintenance in a petrochemical or process engineering environment.
- Project and budget management experience of large maintenance and/or construction projects up to the value of £2m.
- Experience of implementing processes and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Experience of the management and development of small, cross-functional teams and contractors.
- Strong knowledge of safety management systems.
- Proven ability to lead a Team to deliver defined HSEQ, budget and compliance targets.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills at all levels.
- Good knowledge of maintenance management techniques.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- South East based.
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience plus benefits, good career progression opportunities to Director level and potential future share options
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk