Job Reference Number:
Regional Sales South East
Fuel Sales, Supply & Storage
As a key, new business ‘corporate’ sales role, the priority objective is to deliver new customer signings, at the required levels of volume and revenue. Annual Sales Targets require a consistent high quality of sales pipeline management – which is a pre-requisite for success, which in turn will drive high levels of open-ended commission earnings.
This role will involve a combination of home and office-based telephone and field-based face to face activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To identify, connect with, engage and then convert the mid to large range turnover & revenue generating new business prospects for the business sales channels.
- Undertake regular detailed commercial reviews of the sales pipeline to identify areas of opportunity and risks towards success – enabling the effective management of short, medium and long term deliverables.
- Through personal commitment to training opportunities, build an excellent understanding of all products, processes and services, which allows appropriate client needs to be met.
- To take a consultative approach with prospects, that seeks to uncover explicit needs of the business and the appropriate individual stakeholder requirements, ensuring these needs are then met through a considered and professional solution that maximizes the opportunity to succeed.
- Ensure that all contact and conversations with prospective and new customers are accurately recorded within defined SLAs in the contact database – salesforce.com
- Work effectively with other team members to help generate a supportive team culture.
- Quickly develop a clear understanding of all Sales Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensure these are prioritised and achieved on a daily, weekly & monthly basis.
- Display positive behaviours at all times that encourages all other colleagues and promotes a positive working environment.
- Contribute and commit to creating a personal development plan that addresses all training and development needs to deliver monthly sales & revenue targets and future career aspirations.
- Other duties from time to time as directed by the Sales Management team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
A good Corporate Sales Manager will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience to be successful:
- Understanding of all the companies products with the ability to consult effectively and then match features and benefits to each individual customer and demonstrate positive outcomes.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills and commercial awareness.
- Able to demonstrate negotiation at Director level.
- Strong self-motivational skills with the ability to work collaboratively towards the teams target and ultimately, the companies revenue goals.
- A demonstrable understanding of procurement and formal tender processes with the ability to develop key relationships and network at board level, both internally and externally.
- Ability to demonstrate strong understanding of the management of the full sales cycle over a 2, 3 or 4 year period. Prospecting using effective communications campaigns, data management and ability to challenge the status quo to deliver against stretching targets.
- Uses the contact database (salesforce.com) to effectively manage their personal pipeline to maximise all selling opportunities for now and future.
- Have good insight on all elements of the fuel market, up to date with market changes and pricing fluctuations.
Is well read and understanding of all competitor propositions and can readily articulate these.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
Achievement of individual and companies Starts fuel target
Achievement of individual revenue target
Delivery of a consultative approach to prospect engagement
Strong and effective pipeline management through the full cycle.
Oil Recruitment started recruiting in fuel sales and logistics when it was established in 1998. We work with logistic companies, oil distributors, specialists and major oil and storage companies within the downstream oil industry. We specialise in the recruitment of sales, marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk