Job Reference Number:
Commercial Account Manager
Our client is based in Cardiff Port and its core business is the importation, distribution and sale of oil and fuel products across South Wales and Southern England. Customer markets include industrial, commercial, transport, third party distribution and marine. The business is highly dynamic with price offerings and service tailored to customer requirements. Products are imported into its large fuel terminals in both Cardiff and Plymouth plus sourced from other 3rd party terminals, when opportune.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The fuels business is fast moving and exciting with prices changing in line with international oil and foreign exchange markets. This client has ambitious sales growth plans and is seeking a dynamic and accomplished B2B Sales individual who will be responsible for developing and nurturing telesales activities to repeat customers and potential new business. This will involve fully understanding the business and the customers’ buying decision process and a passion to provide exceptional levels of customer service.
Specific job functions include:
- Promote the sales activities of the company using telephone and other electronic communications media
- Respond promptly to sales enquiries
- Develop effective relationships with key contacts to understand their business and decision making process when purchasing
- Receive and process customer orders
- Field, record, and resolve customer enquiries in a timely manner
- Identify possible business opportunities and market information
- Advise customers and credit team when customer account balances exceeds approved credit limits.
- Ensure that all grounds for payment disputes are resolved
- Maintain a high awareness and knowledge of the market, including industry, competitors and external factors
- Maintain and update customer relationship management and contract information.
Perform adhoc duties as required, including providing cover in the event of absence or illness.
- Personal Attributes and Experience
- Strong customer focus and empathy
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Friendly and responsive telephone manner
- Strong numeric skills
- Organised, detail-orientated
- Flexible with ability to multi-task
- MS office skills
If you are interested in this role then please contact Emma Lees on ph: +44 (0)1565 626755 or email on Emma@oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment started recruiting in fuel sales and logistics when it was established in 1998. We work with logistic companies, oil distributors, specialists and major oil and storage companies within the downstream oil industry. We specialise in the recruitment of sales, marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk