Job Reference Number:
The Fuel Sales Manager will be responsible for driving sales of EN590 / EN16709 in Scotland. These sales will be a mix of spot sales and contract sales and be delivered out of Scotland and/or any other distribution point that the company opens in the future in Scotland.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Within this sales management role the successful candidate will have the potential to build a high performance sales support and field sales team to enable the business to meet its ambitious sales objectives. Initially sales will be handled through the existing logistics and planning team, however a dedicated sales support team will be scaled according to volume of sales. Responsibilities include business development activities to grow the portfolio of new business, management of pricing mechanisms, successful negotiating and working closely with the logistics and scheduling teams to achieve market plans.
The candidate will develop strategies for volume growth through developing customer specific account plans, performing account reviews with customers, identifying new sales opportunities and forecasting sales to deliver goals.
- Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Seek out major clients and form working relationships with premier buyers
- Develop spot sales business with a large group of customers in the Central Belt of Scotland
- Business Development: Develop and maintain a prospect database and generate new sales leads for both spot and commercial sales. Develop and maintain sales/tender proposals
- Work closely with the head office commercial department to monitor pricing mechanisms, develop pricing strategies and ensure competitive edge
- Accurately forecast future sales and developing sales plans to adapt to changes in the marketplace
- Manage Fuel Contracts: Ensure customer is meeting contract requirements, limit company exposure by managing customer credit and current volume forecast
- Present new proposals to potential new customers or existing customers to grow spot and term sales
- Ensure appropriate functions are consulted throughout the sales process such as Finance, Logistics, Quality etc
- Identify cross selling opportunities for add on products such as additives, lubricants, fuel cards and telemetry
- Work closely with other company departments to deliver exceptional day to day customer support and operational excellence
- Serve as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows and expositions
- Day to day management of the local sales team monitoring targets and performance
- Provide sales reports on a weekly basis to the Head of Commercial
Health and Safety
• Ensure a thorough knowledge of your Health & Safety responsibilities.
• Always wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care.
• Always strive to work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately.
• Ensure all staff and visitors operates in compliance with Safety regulations
• Full responsibility for the safety of team members
• Actively participate in addressing Safety, Health and Environmental issues affecting the production areas, ensuring the relevant S, H&E checks are carried out.
• Full knowledge of the Plant Emergency Procedures and associated responses are required
• Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation
• Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
• To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
• Participate in training and personal development activities as required
• Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial fuel B2B sales or sales support
• Full pricing mechanism experience ( understanding of Platts Market advantageous)
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong people skills
• Strong business sense and ability to forecast major shifts in the marketplace
• Expert negotiator
• Experience in building and developing a sales team
• Knowledge of the Scottish fuel market advantageous
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Oil Recruitment started recruiting in fuel sales and logistics when it was established in 1998. We work with logistic companies, oil distributors, specialists and major oil and storage companies within the downstream oil industry. We specialise in the recruitment of sales, marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk