Job Reference Number:
Lead IT / Software Consultant
Our client, a market leading, Manchester based, very well established ERP software solutions provider that specialises in the oil and gas distribution market is looking for an ambitious, highly skilled and experienced Lead IT/Software Consultant from a software architecture background. This is a particularly exciting opportunity because, for the successful applicant, following a qualifying period, there is opportunity for appointment to the senior management team to assume a more strategic position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working alongside the Technical Director and for the Managing Director to grow, diversify and transform the business.
A requirement to comprehensively understand company systems, processes, products and services.
A requirement to understand customer businesses and the market place in which they operate.
Liaising with Consultants, Business Analysts, IT professionals and software developers on technical solution design.
Capturing and documenting customer requirements.
Proactively identifying and advocating system and process improvement opportunities.
Leading internal and external projects including management responsibility for team members.
As part of the broader team:
Representing the Company in software demonstrations and exhibitions for customers and prospective customers.
Presenting Company products and services both technically and non-technically.
Feeding into the design and evolution of existing and new Company products.
This role requires regular travel to client sites, including overnight stays, mainly in the UK and Ireland, though trips further afield in the future are likely.
Alongside the proven experience, skills, knowledge and enthusiasm you bring to the company, you will be eager to learn and develop into the broader technical leadership role the business is looking for.
- Strong business analyst skills and experience including gathering, interpreting and documenting customer/stakeholder requirements
- Strong understanding of ERP solutions, CRM software (e.g. MS Dynamics), Business Intelligence/Data Analysis and IT generally.
- Innovator and technology enthusiast abreast of industry and technology trends and new developments.
- Strong understanding and experience of the SDLC.
- Experience in a technical leadership/management role including project/programme management
- Confident communicator able to articulate ideas and solutions to staff at all levels, up to and including Board level, inside and outside of the business
- Strong knowledge and experience in IT systems as they pertain to the Oil and LPG distribution industries, back office and on-truck environments
- Flexibility, commitment, appetite and capacity for responsibility
- Driven to be a significant contributor to highly important and strategic matters as part of the Senior Management team that is developing and evolving the business
- An appetite for travel
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIALOil and LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) downstream industry knowledge and experience.
Broad energy and utilities knowledge.
Competitive basic salary + car + benefits package.
Oil Recruitment started recruiting in fuel sales and logistics when it was established in 1998. We work with logistic companies, oil distributors, specialists and major oil and storage companies within the downstream oil industry. We specialise in the recruitment of sales, marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk