Job Reference Number:
Fuel Sales, Supply & Storage
Our client, a state-of-the-art specialist fuel blending facility, supplying bespoke fuels to the automotive, oil, additive, motorsports and aviation industries is seeking a Compliance Supervisor. They are certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 17025 and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer the Company’s Compliance Programme in respect of occupational health and safety and environmental and quality management, functioning as an independent and objective person that records, reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organisation; and ensuring that remedial actions arising as a consequence are carried out in a timely and effective manner.
- Drive forward the key aspects of the company’s safety management system:
- Awareness – developing culture and ensuring organisational competence
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment – what can go wrong and are the controls good enough
- Risk Management – policies, procedures, working practices throughout the lifecycle – design, construction, installation, commissioning, operation, maintenance, decommissioning and demolition
- Learning – investigations, audits, performance indicators, benchmarking
- Ensure the board of directors, management and employees remain in compliance with appropriate regulations and rules, and that Company policies and procedures are followed.
- Take the lead in ensuring the Company’s Environmental and Quality Management System (EQMS) is maintained and adhered to.
- Facilitates the Company’s external audit requirements in respect of the applicable standards, and scopes and leads the internal audit plan.
- Implement necessary actions to ensure
- Develop, track and report performance indicators on HSSE and compliance and benchmark these against industry standards
- Identification of hazards on site and make use of appropriate and proportionate risk evaluation techniques to make decisions
- Develop the scope and lead compliance based internal audits and ensure nonconformances and opportunities for improvement are appropriately actioned, completed and recorded.
- Responsible for maintaining company EQMS system and ensuring on-going ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 compliance
- Work with appropriate departments to ensure that the requirements of REACH, COSHH, DSEAR, Oil Storage Regulations etc are fully met
- Act as point of contact for internal and external quality / environmental audits
- Responsible for site accident, incident and near-miss reporting and investigation, and leading improvement actions
- Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Programme and its related activities; and manage day-to-day operation of the programme. Ensure that policies and procedures are correct and adhered to, identify gaps and fill them.
- Collaborate with other departments and functions to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organisation are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develop / implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in future.
- Provide regular status reports on compliance issues to the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure proper reporting of incidents to appropriate regulatory authorities where required and investigate near misses in order to determine causative factors and provide improvement actions. Maintenance of appropriate records.
- Develop risk management strategies
- Remain abreast of existing and planned legislation, regulations and recommendations by authorities that impact on the Company’s area of business, ensuring that the Company is best placed to meet new requirements in good time.
- Evaluate the impact of changes in the regulatory environment on the business
- Present a constructive, positive and pro-active attitude to matters concerning health, safety, quality and the environment
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 5 years’ experience of administering occupational health and safety and compliance within an industrial plant environment.
- NEBOSH qualified or equivalent
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate complicated compliance issues at all levels of the organisation
- Meticulous planning capability and a proactive approach to managing the
- Company’s Compliance programme
Package on offer is up to £40k salary (dependent on experience) plus a 6% match-funded pension contribution and 25 days paid holiday entitlement.
No car/car allowance.
Oil Recruitment started recruiting in fuel sales and logistics when it was established in 1998. We work with logistic companies, oil distributors, specialists and major oil and storage companies within the downstream oil industry. We specialise in the recruitment of sales, marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk