Job Reference Number:
Fuel Sales, Supply & Storage
Due to expansion this is a new role to be based in Bavaria. The successful candidate will be joining an organization with global reach and a rich heritage in the maritime industry, respected as a leader in delivering a diversified range of maritime solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for managing the Marine, Occupational Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality functions, ensuring the managed fleet is operated to acceptable standards in compliance with the company’s requirements and international rules and regulations of the Shipping Industry Risk Assessment
- To ensure excellence in safety and quality related matters of fleet vessel performance.
- Prepare, review, revise, implement and monitor company´s policies & procedures, based on ISO standards and Risk Assessment
- To ensure compliance with ISO Standards (such as 9001, 14001, 18001, 50001, etc ) and implementation of the same
- Conduct vessel internal audits related to the company’s SMS in compliance with the ISM, ISPS and MLC.
- Cooperate with vessel charterer and other third parties involved in the operation of the vessels
- Treat safety and environmental compliance as a top priority
- Contribute to the achievement of the company’s KPI figures
- Handling management of change, temporary deviation from company procedures, etc.
- Manage of audits, vetting and any other third party inspections
- Overseeing master’s review, familiarization, training, drills, etc.
- Planning and performing of company’s management review, familiarization, training, drills, etc.
- Contributing to continuous improvement
- Reporting to the Fleet Director and Managing Director
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Sea service having reached the proficiency as a Master Mariner for the period of 5 years or more on various types of vessels ( preferably dry bulk and tankers)
- Background of minimum 5 years’ experience as a QHSE Manager or Senior Superintendent position ashore, acting also as DPA and CSO
- Extensive experience in management of Marine and QHSE matters
- To be certified as IA for ISM/ ISPS and experienced with ISO Standards (such as 9001, 14001, 18001, 50001, etc.)
- Communication capabilities in both written and verbal English
- Rights to live and work in the EU
Remuneration will be competitive based on your background and experience
Oil Recruitment started recruiting in fuel sales and logistics when it was established in 1998. We work with logistic companies, oil distributors, specialists and major oil and storage companies within the downstream oil industry. We specialise in the recruitment of sales, marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk