Job Reference Number:
Senior National Account Manager
Senior Account Manager required for expanding wholesale business. Reporting into the Director, the successful candidate will provide competent and enthusiastic support in identifying and managing commercial and financial risk within the National Accounts. Knowledge of the energy, utility, oil or construction sector beneficial, commercial awareness and acumen essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Checking the quality and completeness of professional proposals and tenders prior to submission against agreed norms, where appropriate recommending improvement to such norms
- Managing a National Account Manager, 2 Junior Account Managers and an Office Manager who manages a team of 10 customer support team
- Supporting the interface between customers, sales and divisional legal and commercial support on all new bespoke appointments in agreeing Terms & Conditions of business
- Reviewing key commercial accounts and developing, growing the business
- Proactively retaining customers, building relationships, identifying upsell/cross sell opportunities
- Managing the mobilisation of new contracts engaging with both operations and wider divisional colleagues
- Providing Client Account Management on large commissions, ability to resolve high level complaints
- Carrying out project reviews on key projects which have a material impact on the commercial and service delivery performance of the overall business and report to the Director
- Formulating action plans of necessary improvements to business processes and procedures to achieve efficiencies in the day to day running of business units
- Negotiating preferred terms in new and existing national contracts in conjunction with commercial manager
Demonstrable experience in commercial management within the energy, liquid fuel, real estate, construction or outsourcing sector
- Good people skills ability to disarm suspicion and get to the root cause of issues.
- Appropriate MS Excel and Word skills to write reports that contain financial / commercial data
- Excellent analytical skills
- Commercial discretion when handing highly sensitive commercial data, or issues
- Ability to work in a fast changing environment
- Enquiring attitude to work and willingness to articulate their views in debate.
- Be proficient in other Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent spoken and written business communication skills
- Good leadership and relationship management skills both with colleagues, suppliers and clients
- Commercial awareness and acumen
Competitive salary + benefits + bonus
Oil Recruitment started recruiting in fuel sales and logistics when it was established in 1998. We work with logistic companies, oil distributors, specialists and major oil and storage companies within the downstream oil industry. We specialise in the recruitment of sales, marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk