Job Reference Number:
Transport Operations Manager
A market leading company specialising in Fuel Oil Distribution is looking to recruit a Transport Operations Manager based at its head office in Essex. Working as the Transport Operations Manager, reporting to the Director of Operations, you will play a key role in the day to day operations of a busy service lead, safety focused Transport Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key duties will include providing hands on support to the Transport Managers, Dispatchers and Schedulers and Transport Administrators across a number of established core contracts. Within a team you will play a key role in planning, monitoring and optimising the operational performance of resources, and surpassing customer expectations.
- You will be responsible for the monitoring and continuous improvement of service Key Performance Indicators across key contracts.
- You will attend and lead weekly operational Telco’s where necessary.
- You will support the Directors in the planning and preparation of quarterly review meetings with customers.
- The successful candidate must be prepared to travel to our operating centers located throughout the UK when required, and have experience in dealing with disciplinary and grievance issues.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- CPC National / International qualification
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Experience of supervising, managing and developing a team.
- Expert knowledge of Transport Legislation
- Experience within the Oil Distribution Industry
- Good Microsoft Office skills, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Competitive salary + fully expensed car + 25 days holiday
Oil Recruitment started recruiting in fuel sales and logistics when it was established in 1998. We work with logistic companies, oil distributors, specialists and major oil and storage companies within the downstream oil industry. We specialise in the recruitment of sales, marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk