Job Reference Number:
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the effective and most cost efficient management of all resource and facilities in their designated region to ensure an excellent service is delivered safely. Reporting to the Regional Operations and Logistics Manager you will work closely with the Logistic Planners, Customer Services, Sales and Supply teams to ensure we exceed the expectations of our internal and external customers.
The role will initially be looking after 4 depots across the South and South East and offers good career/promotion prospects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure sites are fully compliant with all H&S legislation by conducting regular audits and inspections
- Conduct monthly Site Safety Meetings with all colleagues to ensure there is a safety first culture throughout the site
- Carry out driver accompaniments to ensure all tasks are undertaken in line with agreed processes
- Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement by reviewing planning efficiencies to ensure all resources are fully utilised
- Deliver on time in full at levels no lower than 98%
- Conduct regular fleet inspections to ensure vehicle damage is kept to a minimum.
- Embed Fleet Automation to gain the full benefits of this technology
- Ensure all Induction and Training plans are implemented and reviewed
- Build relationships with key personnel to ensure depot stocks are maintained at optimal levels
- Ensure all drivers remain within the driver hours and WTD regulations
- Develop a succession and training plan for all key personnel to produce a highly motivated and productive workforce
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Work experience gained in Logistics operational management is highly desirable
- Strong analytical skills and numerate ability are essential
- Analytical work experience is essential
- Strong written and oral communication skills are important
- Strong knowledge and awareness of WTD is essential
- Experience gained with a vehicle routing system is desirable
- Experience of route planning software is desirable
- Experience of flexible working practices
- A national CPC is preferred
Competitive salary + car allowance + bonus + good company benefits.
Oil Recruitment started recruiting in fuel sales and logistics when it was established in 1998. We work with logistic companies, oil distributors, specialists and major oil and storage companies within the downstream oil industry. We specialise in the recruitment of sales, marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk