Job Reference Number:
Strategic Relationship Manager
Gas, Power & LNG
South East England
To secure gross margin for the company through the sale of electricity supply and Added Value Service (AVS) contracts to I&C customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish a database of customers for the purpose of prospecting and utilise the available IT systems to maximise opportunities.
- Work with the Consultant Sales Channel to identify and target accounts with high potential AVS and margin generation.
- Grow and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders within target clients.
- Obtain a good understanding of target clients business strategy and culture.
- Work with the Sales Channel to produce well-structured proposals in response to invitations to tender and customer requests, which clearly take into account a customer’s strategic ambitions.
- Create high quality account plans that align across I&C.
- Implement margin development plans across customers to maximise gross margin secured both at contract signature and over the lifetime of the contract.
- Actively assists Customer Operations in terms of the customer interface particularly with any issues related to end to end customer accounts and outstanding debt.
- Structure customer contracts that clearly define where the value is derived for Haven.
- Identify any risks to contracted margin not out turning as expected.
- Understand the high level £/MWh and £M each of your contracts delivers.
- Understand and take to market all of the AVS propositions Haven has.
- Target AVS effectively based upon customers strategies and drivers.
- Research competitor offerings and work with Commercial and Marketing to ensure company is able to compete effectively.
- Understand who all the key internal stakeholders are for both prospects and customers.
- Regularly engage with stakeholders to ensure they are briefed on customer activity.
- Ensure the customer knows who their key contacts are and who is responsible for dealing with which type of query.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- How to identify and target profitable customers that align to company's AVS offering.
- How to engage with, and influence, customers at all levels of the business.
- How to manage the creation of high class tender submissions that maximise scoring with the customer.
- How to create and maintain quality account plans.
- How to use the internal margin reporting available.
- How to calculate margin on accounts and to grow margin over the lifetime of contracts.
- How to identify and engage with budget holders within your customer to free up money to spend on AVS.
- How to identify and manage risks associated to large I&C customers.
- How to quickly understand competitor offerings and how to compete.
- How to progress customers from a ‘supply only’ offering to an ‘energy partnership’ with AVS.
- How to manage a virtual team at a different location to you.
- How to communicate effectively internally.
- How to engage senior stakeholders and utilise them for the benefit of your accounts.
- The successful candidate will be required to travel for the role. This will be to see customers, prospects, third parties and internal meetings, and may require international travel.
- The successful candidate will also be required to complete overnight trips as required by the role.
Measures of Success:
- The successful candidate will have a personal Gross Margin target to achieve. They will also be measured by their ability to support the rest of the Strategic Accounts and wider Haven teams.
How You Need to Act:
- With Integrity – Always operate with honesty and transparency. Consider both the customer and Haven Power when making any decisions.
- Inspirational – Be creative with your ideas, and bring a strong work ethic that drives towards the companies and your personal goals. Show others what high performance looks like.
- With Impact – Deliver and exceed the results required by company. This includes both financial targets and other areas that you identify that can deliver value or improve what the company does.
- Involve - Be inclusive in everything you do. Understand that by working with others you can achieve more, and support in your own and others development.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk