Job Reference Number:
Power Exposure Analyst
Gas, Power & LNG
- To work as a member of a centralised team that produces and analyses various data relating to Customer and Procurement activity as well as reporting and monitoring the Exposure position of company's European entities.
- The reporting performed by this team is a key input into portfolio procurement decisions and therefore has the capacity to significantly impact profitability.
- Through accurate volume and financial Exposure reporting the post-holder will aid procurement decision-making and help reduce balancing costs.
- Reporting on and analysing a portfolio whose business size is approximately
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Company is entering the Spanish market as a supplier of electricity, for the initial period of the role, the post holder will be heavily involved in this project, being the main point of contact for the entity within the Operations team.
- The project will involve gaining an understanding of the Spanish power market, how the balancing mechanism works and the way data flows and how this will affect the team’s reporting.
- The post-holder will own the development, testing and implementation of our forecast and exposure reports for the Spanish entity.
LT Demand Forecasting & Exposure Reporting
- Daily production and validation of reports meeting Sarbanes Oxley & internal audit requirements of above reports for TGP’s power portfolio.
- Development of long demand forecasting methodologies for the company’s European electricity portfolios. Ensuring that models/processes used are accurate and facilitate a timely delivery of data to the Procurement team.
- Monitoring LT forecast error, reporting on forecast performance and performing analysis which will further develop demand forecasting methodologies in order to improve the accuracy of demand forecasts.
- Validating and reporting trades made between Procurement and Trading within the position.
- Validating and reporting trades made between Procurement and Customers / Consultants within the position, ensuring trade splits are entered where necessary.
- System Improvement
- Suggesting improvements to the efficiency and accuracy of existing operational tasks.
- Establishing a relationship with IT, raising faults or suggesting improvements to systems which will enhance the team’s reporting.
- Conducting User Acceptance Testing and manage the implementation of new data management systems where necessary.
Management Information Reporting
- Evaluating and explaining movement in exposure Profit & Loss
- Analysing the forward hedging / buying performance
- Build relationships with the local entity points of contact
- Answer queries in a timely manner, ensuring that as a member of the central team a high level of service is always delivered.
- Previous commercial experience, preferably within the electricity industry (desirable – not essential)
- Degree in a numerate/analytical discipline e.g. Economics, Statistics, Computer Science (essential)
- Strong analytical ability (essential)
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate technical arguments to non-technical audiences (essential)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications, in particular Excel and Access (essential)
- Knowledge of SQL (desirable)
- Fluent in Spanish and English
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment is
acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The
recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able
to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.