Job Reference Number:
Power Forecasting Analyst
Gas, Power & LNG
- To work as a senior member of a team that produces and analyses various data relating to Customer and Procurement activity as well as forecasting the demand for our Customers for company’s European entities
- The reporting performed by this team is a key input into portfolio procurement decisions and therefore has the capacity to significantly impact profitability.
- Through accurate Short Term demand forecasting the post-holder will aid procurement decision-making and help reduce balancing costs
- Reporting on and analysing a portfolio whose business
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development short term demand forecasting methodologies for the company’s European electricity portfolio. Ensure that models/processes used are accurate and facilitate a timely delivery of data to the Procurement team.
- Monitoring forecast error, report on forecast performance and perform analysis which will further develop demand forecasting methodologies in order to improve the accuracy of demand forecasts.
- Be proactive in amending forecast models to ensure a high level of accuracy at all times.
- Suggest improvements to the efficiency and accuracy of existing operational tasks
- Become the first point of contact with IT, raising faults or suggesting improvements to systems which will enhance the team’s reporting.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing and manage the implementation of new data management systems
Management Information Reporting:
- Analyse system prices which may lead to high imbalance costs
- Explain periods of volatile consumption and subsequent forecast errors if necessary
- Analyse prompt balancing and outturn Profit & Loss performance
- Build strong relationships with the local entity points of contact
- Answers queries in a timely manner, ensuring that as a member of the central team a high level of service is always delivered.
- Previous commercial experience, preferably within the electricity industry (desirable – not essential)
- Degree in a numerate/analytical discipline e.g. Economics, Statistics, Computer Science (essential)
- Strong analytical ability (essential)
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate technical arguments to non-technical audiences (essential)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications, in particular Excel and Access (essential)
- Knowledge of SQL (desirable)
- Fluent in a Spanish and English.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment is
acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The
recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able
to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.