Job Reference Number:
Gas, Power & LNG
South East England
As an Energy Trader you will be primarily responsible for developing trading & hedging strategies whilst complying with risk management metrics. You will be expected to provide market intelligence, build relationships with internal and external stakeholders whilst contributing to the commercial enhancement of the wider team and office. In addition, you will be expected to produce analytical models and supply market data to the trading desk, making informed decisions and responding to market trends and trading strategies as appropriate. This role is to enhance our client's competitive edge and continue to keep a strong position in the energy market.
The Energy Markets Team (EMT) covers the UK and European Procurement, Risk Management and Trading and Business Support functions. The team makes up 20% of the people within our client's UK office. EMT is responsible for delivering customer service in line with contractual obligations through many of the products and services ranging from energy procurement and risk management to data quality and business support. The effective and accurate delivery of this role is key in providing what is the core function of the business - the renewal of existing UK and European energy supply contracts and the support of business development team in winning new business in UK and Europe.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring that trade confirmations are properly entered into the appropriate trading systems deal capture systems.
- Ensure traders are conversant with risk policy and risk management strategy and procedures.
- Responsible for providing independent, timely, globally aligned and accurate valuations of trading book position, exposure, performance data and analysis to facilitate trading execution, control of trading, management reporting and market risk.
- Ensure all trading activity, fees and positions are accounted for in accordance with compliance procedures
- Optimize the gas/power portfolio and generate revenue. Assess market trends and conditions in order to recommend new opportunities to participate in the wholesale power/gas market.
- Produce concise market analysis, market insights notes, reports and commentary on market conditions for internal and external use
- Establish regular meetings with stakeholders and suppliers e.g. Sales - Suppliers in order to promote cross selling activities
- Develop cutting edge products for clients
- Utilize and enhance existing tools, documentation, process & training in providing professional services to Procurement Managers/Account Managers
- To monitor and analyse the performance of the company's flexible products to identify and take advantage of opportunities to maximise profitable growth.
- Research articles on structural developments in the European energy markets. Collect economic, fundamental and financial information specific to a commodity market. Conduct market sector or statistical analysis and will interpret key market data elements into useful business information.
- Look to leverage their educational knowledge when performing analysis on data and articulate findings through written and presentation formats delivered to internal and external stakeholders like Procurement/Account Managers.
- Provide technical and historical background information to other departments or personnel to successfully respond to regulatory requests to modify or justify wholesale power sale arrangements.
- Investigation and resolution of all trading queries
- Be responsible for delivery of analytics within the company including non-commodity costs, power purchase agreements, sleeving options and others products
- Contribute to Identification and improvements business processes and be responsible for the Energy Market View by developing tools, systems to ensure continued competiveness within the industry. May develop quantitative/analytic/statistical models, including position reports and Risk Metrics (VaR, PaR, CaR, stress testing, expected shortfall) and Reporting for clients
- Contribute to the development the performance parameters for stakeholders to ensure the ongoing competitiveness
- Mentor junior analysts in the techniques used to analyse energy markets, developing their behaviours to ensure predictable results
- To share knowledge and expertise with clients during seminars, teleconferences, phone calls
- Expand the knowledge and skills to existing teams in the US and other regions.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk