Job Reference Number:
Gas, Power & LNG
We are looking for an energy risk analyst to work closely with the Commercial teams (Trading, Fuel Sourcing, Logistics) to identify, understand, quantify, report and communicate the risks to the business. Risks covered will include those associated with commodity market risk, credit, counterparty and supply chains.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary risk analyst for a range of commodities ensuring that these are traded within robust controls and procedures.
As part of the Commodity Risk function, wider responsibilities for other aspects of Commodity Risk Management.
Production of analysis and reporting to aid decision-making, improving commercial and cash outcomes.
Reviewing, interpreting and modifying the Risk Management Policy where appropriate.
- Highly numerate, logical thinker.
- Preferably educated in a numerate degree (mathematics, economics, engineering etc.)
- Familiarity with physical and derivative commodities markets preferred (esp. power, coal, carbon, oil, freight)
- Strong spreadsheet skills preferable
- Self-starter, able to drive projects forward unaided
- Highly motivated, good communication skills and a confident decision maker
- Ability to develop good working relationships at all levels both within and outside the organisation
- High level of personal integrity and professionalism
- Leads by example, as well as an excellent team player
- Good project management skills and strong time management skills
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines and adapt quickly to changing business needs
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment is
acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The
recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able
to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.