Job Reference Number:
Flex Trading Analyst
Gas, Power & LNG
Our client, a specialist business electricity supplier, is currently looking for a Flex Trading Analyst to support the growth, development and profitability of our client's business
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for facilitating the day to day management of our client's portfolio of customers and you will:
- Develop an understanding of our client's system, how contracts operate and understand how this interrelates with the operation of wider UK power market;
- Begin to take on responsibility for price Fixing and Unfixing transactions, with clients and TPIs, across a broad spectrum of products including Portfolios and Complex Pricing Arrangements;
- Execute commensurate hedging trades with in accordance with our client's policies and respective authorities
You will begin to take on responsibility for managing the relationship for a number of clients across a variety of business sectors, including some very large strategic customers with bespoke contractual terms. You will be responsible for the overall delivery of the technical aspects of contracts including:
- Provision of market information (without transgressing regulatory boundaries), including client position reporting and hedged position reporting;
- Proactive management of customer demand reforecasts, including within day position adjustments;
- Management of general direct queries from customers and consultants
- Calculation and provision of contract specific information to customers including billing reference rates, residual volumes and prices, cost illustrations including third party charges and annual charge reviews and ad-hoc reconciliations.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with clients and TPIs to promote our client's business
- Support Sales & Marketing at onsite and offsite client meetings in a technical capacity
- Provide support to other internal departments on Pricing and Billing
- Fully understand the offerings within our client's products and begin to develop an understanding about how the systems and products can be improved in order to achieve targeted growth/profitability
- Foster relationships to develop longer term partnerships with customers to support their energy requirements
- Support the delivery of the smart and efficient systems and processes to enable the effective management of our client's portfolio
- Develop an understanding of and begin to evaluate new tender opportunities arising from the Sales Team and decide upon the best approach for delivering robust quotation packages in a timely and expedient manner
- Provide input in relation to the pricing of complex opportunities having regard to portfolio shape and imbalance costs/risks and the company’s system capabilities.
KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Excellent numeracy skills with particular attention to speed, accuracy and attention to detail
- You have a basic knowledge of the UK & European Power Markets and begin to develop a wider technical and fundamental understanding of factors driving prices from forward markets through to Balancing Mechanism
- You are able to develop models from first principles and sense-check outputs.
- You are able to apply analytical techniques in a sensible pragmatic way and understand their limitations.
- You are capable of making quick and concise trading decisions whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of VBA/SQL
- You possess a good honours degree in a numerate discipline or equivalent
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment is
acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The
recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able
to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.