Job Reference Number:
LNG Origination Analyst
Gas, Power & LNG
Our client is one of the world's largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, the subsidiary operates to provide the parent group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service.
Their diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes this company a truly exciting place to work. They encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how they do business. Most importantly, they are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape their future.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Contribute to development and implementation of the global LNG Origination Strategy, and particularly business priorities of LNG Long-term Origination team.
- Understand contractual arrangements and intricacies of the LNG portfolio;
- Develop new and improve existing transaction analysis models to provide high quality deal analytics to support Origination deals, all in compliance with methodologies established in our client;
- Own commercial analytics assumptions and coordinate with wider LNG team and other company functions to make sure that all assumptions are up-to-date and consistent;
- Coordinate effectively with the Analysts in the LNG Fundamentals, LNG Portfolio team and the Structuring Pricing team and other relevant teams to ensure consistency of approach and robust quality control processes.
- Provide rigorous, commercially sound support and challenge in relation to Origination transactions to identify value and minimise risks;
- Develop decision support documents and present deals and economic evaluations to management;
- Build strategic relationships with core internal business partners in London, Houston, Singapore and Saint Petersburg and exploit cross-commodity synergies for structured transactions;
- Ensure compliance with risk management governance policies and procedures;
- Develop and maintain management reports and tools; and
- Develop leads and gather market intelligence.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent financial and analytical skills with advanced computer skills, notably Excel and PowerPoint, and a proven ability to build robust economic models to evaluate deals and quantify risks and value optionality;
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and pressured business environment;
- Tenacious and results orientated, takes initiative and drives for delivery;
- Keen interest to learn how LNG deals and contracts work, attentive to details;
- Strong team player, able to work in an intense and environment of an evolving business to meet tight deadlines with limited supervision;
- Can comfortably navigate through ambiguity and uncertainty to deliver solutions to problems even when there is no precedent to rely on;
- Ability to frame complex problems, apply creative analysis, formulate pragmatic solutions and present effectively;
- Sound understanding of the natural gas and LNG markets and/or other physical (commodities) business;
Proven analytical skills and experience building and updating models in line with business requirements
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment is
acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The
recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able
to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.