Job Reference Number:
Account Manager - Lubricants and Fuels
Lubricants and Speciality Chemicals
Amsterdam/Germany or North West European Location
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Manager to join a leading Global developer and producer of specialty chemicals (additives) for the Lubricants and Fuels markets. You will play a key role in managing nominated accounts and established relationships whilst identifying and developing through these accounts potential new business growth opportunities.
With a strong technical background in chemistry and a good knowledge of the EMEA Lubricants & Fuels Market you will have a proven track record of account management and some project management experience. This is a home based role for which willingness and flexibility to travel is essential.
Reporting into the Regional Sales Manager you will be familiar with working in a matrix organisation and be looking for a clear career development path offering exceptional earning potential with a leading global brand. Experience of working in a global speciality chemical company or oil major with links to the lubricants and fuels markets is very highly desirable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage strong relationships with existing key customers and assigned prospects in the Lubricants & Fuels markets
- Identify and follow up on business opportunities
- Management of assigned accounts
- Deliver sales according to target/budget
- Work with cross functional teams within the business
- Provide accurate sales forecasting
- Contract negotiation
- Ensure exceptional customer service at all times acting as an Ambassador for the business
- Be the focal point for all communications with the customer on new product developments
- Delivery of periodical business reviews and development of business growth and sales support plans for the designated accounts
- Plan, monitor, participate in and report on the execution of the sales activities conducted with regard to the designated accounts
- Arrange for and monitor the quality of the technical support in handling complex customers’ enquiries.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Relevant degree qualification (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Science, etc).
- Knowledge of the EMEA Lubricant & Fuels Sector.
- Technical background coupled with good commercial acumen.
- Minimum 2years experience in the fuels and/or lubricants markets.
- Some knowledge of fuel / lubricant development.
- Understanding of additive packages for fuels /lubricants.
- Some project management experience.
- Strong relationship building skills both internally and externally.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- German language skills very highly desirable.
- Based in Amsterdam, Germany or North West Europe within relatively easy access to an airport.
- Previous Account Management experience is essential.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to travel.
- Cultural appreciation.
- Commercially aware with the ability to identify customer needs and requirements and develop innovative account strategies.
- Excellent communicator at all levels with good presentation, networking and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience. Home office, generous bonus scheme, car (if required), and full benefits package plus excellent global career progression opportunities. Relocation assistance can be provided if required.
Oil Recruitment started recruiting in fuel sales and logistics when it was established in 1998. We work with logistic companies, oil distributors, specialists and major oil and storage companies within the downstream oil industry. We specialise in the recruitment of sales, marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk