Job Reference Number:
Head of Digital Communications
Lubricants & Chemicals
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Digital Communications Marketing Expert to join a leading Global Oil and Lubricant Development Company as Head of Digital Communications.
You will report directly into the Head of Group Marketing, have both B2B and B2C digital marketing experience, and most importantly be an expert in Digital Communications. Sector experience is secondary to the digital marketing expertise but any links to the lubricants or oil sector would be a distinct advantage. With the opportunity to establish your own team, you will work cross business with heads of Brand, Marketing, and Strategic Communications in addition to external agencies, to formulate and develop the global/regional digital communications strategy.
It is essential that you have experience of formulating and developing a digital marketing communications strategy from scratch for a global brand/organisation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Development and formulation of the digital communications strategy which will be both global in perspective and local in relevance
- Lead the development and continuous maintenance of the pipeline of digital activity for consumers and customers
- Build and mentor/coach digital resource to establish the digital marketing communications team
- Work closely with the Global heads of Brand, Marketing and Strategic Communications within the group to create a step change in both quality and quantity of digital activity
- Appoint and manage external agencies to generate all content for social media
- Help define the primary audiences and identify how best to target them within the digital space
- Budget management
- Management of all digital related communication initiatives and activities
Key Skills / Attributes:
Relevant Degree qualification
- Expert in Digital Communications
- Experience of having formulated and developed a digital communications strategy from scratch which can meet the wider corporate strategy of a global business and leading brand
- Ability to create, lead and motivate a team
- Cross business work experience in a global organisation
- A creative and motivated personality with a passion for digital marketing
- B2B and B2C digital marketing experience
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills at all levels to enable you to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Any understanding of the Lubricants or Oil sectors and associated products will be a distinct advantage
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience and dependant on location. Bonus, full benefits package and excellent relocation support if required. In addition to this you can expect excellent group wide career progression opportunities within this leading international organisation.
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk