Job Reference Number:
Lubricants & Chemicals
Midlands (UK Nationwide)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Sales and Business Development professional to join a leading European developer and manufacturer of lubrication products based in the Midlands. Working closely with the Sales Development Manager, Operations, and Product Development teams, you will have a proven track record of prospecting and developing business whilst managing and growing existing accounts across a range of sectors.
Some knowledge/experience from the oil, lubricant, grease, or wax manufacturing industry is very highly desirable.
This is a home based role with national UK coverage so good access to the motorway network would be advantageous.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management and development of existing accounts
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities
- Price negotiation
- Monitoring and management of sales against budget
- Handling of customer enquiries
- Customer database management
- Reporting and forecasting
- Account and budget planning
- Market research
- Handling of offers and quotations
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum HND qualification
- A demonstrable track record in B2B industrial sales and account management
- Exceptional new business development skills/experience
- Proven territory management experience
- An understanding of oil or lubricant or wax products and their applications
- A history of developing and managing initiatives focusing on delivering sales growth and profitability
- Self-motivated, results focused, tenacious, resilient, enthusiastic, and a positive attitude are qualities required to succeed in this role
- A strong communicator at all levels with excellent influencing, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Able to build and develop good internal cross-functional and cross- cultural relationships.
- Flexible approach to working hours and travel (some European ravel may be required)
- Able to operate effectively within a group matrix structure.
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus, car, life assurance, private medical insurance, tools for the job, plus additional benefits.
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk