Job Reference Number:
Lubricants & Chemicals
South East & East Anglia
Our Client, a leading multinational Chemical Distributor have an opportunity for an experienced Account Manager for the South East and East Anglia region. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing existing accounts and new business development to achieve overall sales targets. It is essential that you have sales and business development experience in one or more of the following markets: fuel, oil, commercial distributor, automotive, commercial vehicle, off highway or agricultural.
This is an excellent field based opportunity with uncapped earning potential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement strategic and tactical initiatives to achieve revenue, margin, volume targets.
- Implement the Account Plan covering products, services packages, contracts, prices, credit terms and credit limits for customers and prospects.
- Have an in depth knowledge of the key competitors and to understand their strengths and weaknesses thereby exploiting opportunities and minimizing competitive vulnerabilities.
- Actively seek new business opportunities in designated territory within fuel/oil/commercial distributor, commercial, car, off highway and agricultural markets.
- Implementation of successful sales / profitability strategies focusing on these customers and channels.
- Understand and keep track of the changing market and customer needs/business environments to ensure the most appropriate action to fulfill their needs.
- Maintenance of key prospect databases and reports.
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES:
- Minimum 3 years experience in commercial / business account management.
- Sales and business development experience in one or more of the following markets: fuel, oil, commercial distributor, automotive, commercial vehicle, off highway or agricultural.
- A good network of contacts in one or more of the following markets, fuel, oil, commercial distributor, automotive, commercial vehicle, off highway or agricultural.
- Demonstrable customer and market focus.
- Links to, or experience from distributors in the automotive, transport sectors would be a distinct advantage.
- First hand experience utilizing structured selling techniques and tools.
- Results oriented, highly motivated, with strong work ethic.
- Strong written, oral communication skills coupled with excellent planning and organizational ability.
- Proven negotiation, influence / persuasion and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Computer literate with skills in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Demonstrable track record of selling & negotiation, results delivery, customer relationship management, and market awareness.
Base salary commensurate with experience, uncapped commission, fully expensed car, home office, pension, medical cover, death in service benefit and critical illness cover.
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk