Job Reference Number:
Technical Support Specialist - Engine Oil/Chemicals
Lubricants & Chemicals
South of England
Our client, a global developer and manufacturer of chemical additive packages are looking to expand their Technical Service Support Team with the appointment of a Technical Support Specialist. With a Chemistry / Chemical Engineering, or Science related degree you will provide expert technical support and project lead capability to both internal and external customers to meet technology and business needs. The role will involve regular customer interface and project management responsibility.
The successful applicant will be an organised logical thinker with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and some commercial acumen. You will be able to demonstrate effective presentation planning and delivery skills to ultimately lead projects. Resolution of customer enquiries in an efficient and professional manner is key to this role. As an effective problem solver, you will be able to resolve technical issues where the solution is not always clear at the outset.
Any knowledge of engine oil development will be a distinct advantage in this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage projects with Customer Technical Support stage gate process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest technologies, customer needs, market trends, and industry direction.
- In conjunction with the wider business, organise and execute a plan for approval testing to meet the customer’s needs and requirements.
- Prepare written reports and technical literature for use by the customer and Sales teams.
- Organise data derived from the approval program and assemble all appropriate information in understandable formats.
- Maintain productive relationships with team members and both internal and external customers.
- Help resolve customer complaints in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Assure that complete ISO documentation is maintained on all ISO or quality related activities.
- Establish an in-depth knowledge and understanding of industry test requirements, and associated specifications.
- Regular interface with Customer Service, R&D, OEM, Sales and Marketing to gain an understanding of current and future market trends, requirements, and applications.
- Interface with Marketing and Sales to ensure aligned customer account management.
- Attend industry events as required.
Essential Skills/Attributes required:
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, full benefits package, relocation assistance if required, and excellent global career progression opportunities.
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk