Job Reference Number:
Lubricants and Speciality Chemicals
Our client, a global developer and manufacturer of chemical additive packages are looking to appointment a R&D Scientist to work closely with their Engine Oils development team. With a Chemistry / Chemical Engineering, or Science related degree and formulation experience, you will manage development projects to improve the performance impacts of engine oil formulation variables. Reporting into the Technical Director for R&D the role will involve regular interaction with third party suppliers in addition to occasional mentoring, and project management responsibility.
The successful applicant will be an effective Project Manager with the ability to manage complex technical projects with cross functional teams on a global basis. You will be able to demonstrate effective problem solving and analytical skills and communicate confidently at all levels. Capable of prioritising workload and developing appropriate timelines to meet the required deadlines.
Any knowledge of engine oil development will be a distinct advantage in this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop fundamental understanding of Engine Oil technologies using new or existing components, base oils, etc.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the development process including setting up of test matrices, test development, test scheduling and the interpretation and reporting of data.
- Use appropriate methodology to improve the overall performance of Engine Oil additive technologies in line with identified technical and business needs.
- Keep accurate, up to date lab records.
- Establish an in depth knowledge and understanding of industry test requirements, and associated specifications.
- Technical project management (multiple projects)
- As required, represent the company in technical societies and other industry activities.
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise and self-development through study, seminars, etc.
- Represent the company at customer and OEM interfaces as required.
- Provide direction and project assignment responsibility to technicians and chemists.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes or additions to safety procedures and assist in safety training activities as required.
- Have the necessary drive and focus to achieve business goals.
- Must have a flexible approach to business travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Technical environment experience
- Demonstrable project management experience
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, full benefits package, relocation assistance if required, and excellent global career progression opportunities.
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk