Job Reference Number:
Senior Buyer - Bulk Raw Materials
Lubricants & Chemicals
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Procurement Professional to take on the role of Senior Buyer with a global developer, manufacturer, and distributor of branded vehicle lubricants and chemicals. Reporting to the Procurement Manager you will be responsible for all raw materials sourcing activity on new and existing business. Working closely with departments at all levels within the organisation including Sales, Commercial, Technical, Supply and Operations, to develop and implement the local sourcing strategy in line with the Global sourcing strategy.
Typically you will have experience of working in a manufacturing / operations environment for large bulk products, ideally in the oil chemicals or lubricants blending sector, and be proficient in negotiating for significant value contracts. This is a newly created opportunity from business growth which has a clear career progression path to Procurement Manager plus relocation support if required.
A technical understanding of lubricant formulation is essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with the Global Sourcing team, develop and implement the Global and local sourcing strategies
- Develop an analytical framework of commodity requirements and identify cost saving opportunities
- Manage supplier relationships, including supplier selection, development, negotiation and management of contracts
- Lead liaisons between Operations and Commercial departments understanding the business needs and commercial trends to share information with suppliers to further strengthen long term partnerships
- Monitor compliance with Supply Contracts, Agreements, terms and Conditions.
- Ensure suppliers have a continuous improvement philosophy, including value added innovations, lead-time reduction, delivery, flexibility and quality improvement
- Support on going product development and cost reduction efforts by partnering with suppliers and internal departments to develop mutually beneficial strategies
- Analyse, research and report on market data, global influences and market moves that impact the business, assessing competition and seeking cost effective alternatives
- Provide strategic support to the Supply Chain Committee
- Provide assistance, cover and support for Procurement Manager as required
Key Skills / Attributes (essential):
Degree qualification or QBE with full CIPS qualification
Knowledge of the base oil, additive, automotive fluids/lubricant market
Experience of negotiating high value contracts for large bulk products
5-10 years experience in procurement / sourcing from a similar environment (oil blending, bulk chemicals, solvents, manufacturing, operations, bulk commodities etc)
Excellent communication skills at every level
Strategic relationship management experience
A good understanding of manufacturing and operations (storage of raw materials, volumes, offloading/management of goods, what to buy, where to buy from etc)
Cross business working experience
A good understanding of the supply chain
Key Skills / Attributes (desirable):
A basic understanding of contract law
Portugese/ Spanish speaker
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus, private healthcare, life assurance, pension etc plus relocation support if required
If your experience and career plans meet the above requirements and you are local to or able to relocate to the South East of the UK contact Keeley Robinson for full details and a confidential chat on 0044 (0) 7854 576318 / 0044 (0) 1565 626754
CIPS, Automotive lubricants, technical, lubricant, blending, raw materials, procurement, manufacturing, bulk commodities, bulk products, operations, logistics, purchasing, sourcing, strategic sourcing, base oil, base stock, additives, chemicals, quality, lubricants, procurement, strategic procurement, contract negotiation, South East, Chemicals, Solvents, Oil, Automotive fluids, commodities, Buyer, Senior Buyer, UK, Supplier Agreements, Supplier Relationship Management, Commercial
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk