Job Reference Number:
Lubricants & Speciality Chemicals
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Laboratory Technician to join a leading global speciality chemical manufacturer here in the North West. Reporting to the Applications Manager you will assist with the preparation and testing of samples, support the development and testing of new products and development programmes, and work closely with the Lubrication Technology Development Centre to ensure that all formulation data generated is to the required international standards.
Typically you will have 2 – 5 years experience from a laboratory environment in one of the following sectors: Oil, Chemicals, Pharmaceutical or Personal Care and be familiar with the latest COSHH regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of samples and bench testing on a range of formulation types including new lubricant formulations.
- Preparation and issue of testing reports
- Liaise with external testing laboratories
- Support the Applications Manager and Technologist in the development and implementation of the ISO 9001 quality system.
- Contribute to and comply with the laboratory COSHH and Risk Assessment Systems
- Accurately record data from all testing in bench books, pro-formas, databases and spreadsheets to maintain data quality and accuracy on a continuous basis.
- Maintain all laboratory resources to an acceptable standard of stock level (base oil and additives), together with maintenance and calibration of specialist preparation equipment and instrumentation.
- Ensure that all support is compliant with company policies and procedures
- Contribute to the Lubrication Technology Development Centre team meetings.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 2-5 years relevant experience in a laboratory environment
- Relevant degree qualification
- Strong awareness of regulations for the safe handling of chemicals COSHH
- The ability to conduct risk assessments
- Good organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- The ability to work to daily schedules with minimal supervision
- Demonstrable experience in laboratory analysis and bench testing
- Experience in lubricants would be advantageous although not essential, experience in pharmaceutical, food testing, personal care, etc. could be considered.
- Good verbal communication skills at all levels
- Strong team player
- Computer literacy for the use of Excel and Access databases, plus other MS Office software.
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, benefits which include pension, life assurance, expenses, and relocation assistance is also an option for someone who meets the above requirements.
If this opportunity is of interest contact Keeley Robinson on 01565 626754 or 07854 576318 for full details. Alternatively apply directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk